Sun burn experiment

An experiment regarding the UV stability of the print

PLA burned by the Sun

We started an experiment regarding the UV stability of the PLA print about a month ago. We put a failed part into our window to try its protection from the sunlight.

This experiment will be going all summer, but we can report the first results now. We illustrated this story with only one picture, where the left one is the subject of this experiment, the right one is just another failed object to make the comparison easier. As you can see, the color of the subject has changed. It's almost black now, it has been darkening from the original gold.

Apart from the changing color we don't see any difference. It is still solid and the size didn't change either.

On sale